It is currently Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newbies and there questions, hey!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm 
AWRTGUMA Newbie

Thanks to Scotto for putting me onto this thread. I have found a heap of interesting info out from reading countless posts but I do have a few questions and looking to please get some help. I am currently building my first cab (not building just altering it) and I am just after some advice on the following

I am building a new control panel for my simpsons cab and i am hoping to source a business that can print out my amended Simpsons overlay that I edited in adobe illustrator. Does anyone know someone in Brisbane that could print this out for me. i hear a flexible polycarbonate laminate is the best for wear and tear. I am trying to source someone because I want to build another cab, one with custom artwork after this.

I have looking into buying a Hyperspin harddrive with a full setup. Anyone have any advice or feedback on the following?
Rom collector - larger rom collection
http://romcollector.com/*arcade-hard-dr ... -p-99.html
Hyperspin based in NYC - looks good too
They have there own passworded site

Thanks for sharing your knowledge peeps. First cuts started today and buttons and ipac should arrive this week. I have attached some photos of the cab to show.

Thanks

Nic

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Newbies and there questions, hey!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:21 am 
Founding Board Member

Great work mate. Sorry, I'm in Perth and can't refer you to anyone.

11 Cheers for Binary!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am 
Founding Board Member | Admin

Hey mate, welcome aboard! Love that cab, brings back a few memories!

I don't know any printers in Brisbane but I can point you to some places I've used in Oz who I've been more than happy with. First there is Essaitch IT who do the kind of large format printing you need, amanda@essaitchit.com.au is really nice and very helpful. She might take a little longer to get back to you but she will. There is also Kaylene from ROKA Creations, kma09733@bigpond.net.au> who are based on the Sunshine Coast. They both put out great quality stuff but if you're looking for the ultimate in quality you should check out Game on Grafix, http://www.gameongrafix.com/
They have fantastic quality and while they are based in the US the shipping isn't too bad and you will be stoked with the quality.

As for that ROM drive, I think $350 is a bit steep personally. I'd be happy to copy m drive for you which has thousands of MAME titles plus other platforms and the emulators. Not as many as that 'Ultimate Collection' but a lot cheaper! It's worth noting that some of the other emulators aren't ideally suited for an arcade setup and can be a right bitch to configure. If you want to copy the drive there would be some configuring for you to do but it's not really hard. Oh yeh it also has all the Hyperspin stuff you'll need too. All it would cost you is postage both ways (you send me a hard drive).

Keep us posted!

"If I can't build a time machine then I'll build machines from back in time." - Me

A.W.R.T.G.U.M.A Sisterhood
Founding Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:58 pm 
Founding Board member | Mod

Oooohhh...The pants makes a comeback but works from home these days... :mrgreen:

Keep us posted on your progress Nicos!

Sisterhood Forever!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:11 pm 
AWRTGUMA Newbie

"Newbies and their questions, hey!"

How's the grammar? I will have to remember not to post after a few beers. Thanks for the heads up with "ROKA Creations" Scotto! I should get the overlay on Saturday. Had a brilliant time rearranging and moving the design of the characters around. Hopefully, player four and three won't be busting their arse trying to play now. I hated that on the original! Added an extra 10 buttons too! Thanks heaps for the offer of copying the drive Scotto, that is going to save the $$$ and will be very much appreciated! This way I can spend more on the computer. The Buttons and ipac arrived today, just waiting on the overlay and then I can post more pics of the cab.
Scott, did you drill holes after sticking the overlay down?

Thanks heaps for the help, fellas. I'm hanging out to play NBA JAM!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 pm 

NicOS wrote:
"Newbies and their questions, hey!"

How's the grammar? I will have to remember not to post after a few beers. Thanks for the heads up with "ROKA Creations" Scotto! I should get the overlay on Saturday. Had a brilliant time rearranging and moving the design of the characters around. Hopefully, player four and three won't be busting their arse trying to play now. I hated that on the original! Added an extra 10 buttons too! Thanks heaps for the offer of copying the drive Scotto, that is going to save the $$$ and will be very much appreciated! This way I can spend more on the computer. The Buttons and ipac arrived today, just waiting on the overlay and then I can post more pics of the cab.
Scott, did you drill holes after sticking the overlay down?

Thanks heaps for the help, fellas. I'm hanging out to play NBA JAM!

Always happy to help mate :) It's important to drill all the holes first then put the overlay on and cut an opening in the overlay with a nice sharp knife.

I know what you mean about arranging a 4 player control panel, it can be a right bitch to set up comfortably!

Let me know if you want me to copy the drive for you and we'll work it out :)

Good to see a new project!

"If I can't build a time machine then I'll build machines from back in time." - Me

Founding Member

Post subject: Re: Newbies and their questions, hey!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm 
AWRTGUMA Newbie

Hey Scotto, update on the cab. Everything is cut, drilled, and mostly painted. Just waiting on a slot cutter bit (Was a pain in the arse to find) for my new router. Then I can finally start wiring. Had heaps of hold ups along the way but it is looking good. Is there any chance I can take you up on that offer to send you a hard disc? I am heading to MSY and Jaycar tomorrow for a few pieces for wiring and can pickup a new HD. Would 3tb be too much?

Thanks Mate

Nic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:44 am 

Absolutely mate, be happy to copy the files for you. 3TB would be HUGE lol, there's only a couple hundred gig of stuff max, doesn't sound like a lot but there is heaps in there.

I'll PM you my postal address. From experience postage is approx $15 each way.

Founding Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:26 am 
Founding Board Member | Master of Acrylic

you forgot the 2tb of pron.... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 pm 

:lol:

Founding Member