So here are some build pictures!
I first stared out but cutting out the side plates. I had originally planned to get then CNC cut but the cost was just outrageous! So i decided to got the hard way and plasma cut them.
So here is the cut piece.
The cut wasn't very pretty and a lot of milling/grinding will need to be done for a nice finish. But hey, it was my first time using a plasma cutter and it is a learning experience so I'm happy with that
So after both pieces were cut, I spot welded them together ready to be clamped onto the mill.
So I got it clamped and started to mill. (Yes I know that it isn't the greatest way to clamp it but that's all we had at the time
So after a few passes this is what we got. (Ooooohh, SHNINY
It seems the cutter is a little out of alignment, but this isnt a very vital edge so it'll be fine.
So here are the pieces after milling. You can see that there are still pit marks and stuff from my shoddy plasma cutting but that's all i could do without milling off the whole piece! It is starting to get surface rust already so I better put some paint on it soon!
After that we realigned the cutter and went to mill the bottom edges.
Seems that there is a little bit of chatter on the mill but you can't feel it with your finger so it must be a few thousands of a mill.
So here are the completed side pieces! Just have to mark and drill them now.
So that's what I have done so far and and will probably get the drilling done tomorrow if all goes to plan.