It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:23 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NSW Legacy CAB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:39 am 
Esteemed Sister

well i must say ive only been here a short while and i feel most welcome to be part of this fine nut house :lol: should i say fine intelligent group of individuals. :) Well My name is matthew and im from nsw dont hold that against me after all im a former Victorian. Let me get the unpleasantries out of the way straight up. I am building a Arcade Cabinet for my 2yo son cooper as a Legacy Cab as i was Diagnosed with a terminal illness MND in Feb this year and was given a year to live. But even though my illness has taken ability to Talk,walk and my most of my muscle and weight. I will be F@rked if im gunna let some stupid debilitating diseases ruin my ability to finish this project so i can kick some arcade ass and pass it on to my son. NUFF SAID!!

Now i got the idea for this cab from a global Arcade Cab that was made in the states but the company went out of business so you cant get it anymore. I liked the shape it was different and i wanted to create something new. So after a lengthy conversation with TRoy from AracadeWorx we came up with what i have today. unique and tough i think still a long way to go but its coming along nicely with the help of my besty ROB, and also like to say a big THANKYOU to THE BIG GIANT HEAD, AND HEETHWITHNOTEETH FOR THERE SUPPORT AND HARDWORK. so for now this is were im up too. Let me know what you guys think..:)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: NSW Legacy CAB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:48 am 
Founding Board Member | Admin

This is the best project ever and I for one am happy to help, just wish I could do more for you mate.

Cooper is an honourary life member here and you will be held in high esteem. My sincere hope is that you will be around in years to come and can laugh in the face of this MND.

"If I can't build a time machine then I'll build machines from back in time." - Me

A.W.R.T.G.U.M.A Sisterhood
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 am 
Esteemed Sister

Big Giant Head wrote:
This is the best project ever and I for one am happy to help, just wish I could do more for you mate.

Cooper is an honourary life member here and you will be held in high esteem. My sincere hope is that you will be around in years to come and can laugh in the face of this MND.

Well BGH i certainly will not let it beat me....And hey you are one of a few dying breed of good men., scott and i truly thankyou...:):):):)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:09 pm 
Founding Board Member | Retailer

I read your thread on AA, and your story of strength amazes me.

Good luck with your build, and ask for any advice or help as you are amongst friends here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 pm 
Esteemed Sister

gameroom wrote:
I read your thread on AA, and your story of strength amazes me.

Good luck with your build, and ask for any advice or help as you are amongst friends here.

@ Gameroom Thankyou for your kind comments.

And only been here a short while and everyone has been more than helpful, and im not shy in asking questions..lol I say its only a stupid question if you dont ask..:)

Cheers matrix881971

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:24 pm 
Founding Board Member

WOW...what a great story to come from something so sad.

That certainly is a unique looking cab...really like the Mortal Kombat symbol too.
When i was researching i almost splashed out on something similar, but i wanted to do it all myself so that had to go. One day i might attempt it myself.

I'm sure i speak for everybody here when i say if there are any questions, we will all be happy to help in any way we can. :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:37 pm 
Esteemed Sister

@ Krudds Cheers buddy.....

Now I would like to show off some of Big Giant Heads handywork, in helping me complete my cab... let me know what all think....Now keep in mind work in progress.. i think praise is due for his effort..:) cheers Scotty..:)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:47 pm 
Founding Board Member | Admin

Notice it now says v22 on the bezel art :lol:

Glad you're happy with it Matty!

"If I can't build a time machine then I'll build machines from back in time." - Me

A.W.R.T.G.U.M.A Sisterhood
Founding Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:57 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Nice... I'm guessing you are a bit of Mortal Kombat fan Matt :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:52 pm 
Founding Board Member

Wow, that's going to be a cool legacy for your little one, something amazing for him! Hope you enjoy your time on here - I'm nowhere in the same class for knowledge about arcades as the Big Dog & his mates :D, but I'll help out if I can or offer a smart-alec comment :) :)