It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:23 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kingy's Upright Cabinet.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:05 am 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Thanks for the comments guys.

Those munchkins were a friends children... my two however had plenty of turns and then at 6am this morning, guess what they wanted to do!

Attachment:
small_IMG_9425.JPG

Here is a close up on the marquee... I was super impressed with the backlit film. I can recommend http://www.customphoto.com.au/ Was only $25 (the other quote I had was for $90!)

Attachment:
small_IMG_9430.JPG

(Note the photo is deliberately underexposed to highlight the marquee and reflect more how it looks, as on normal exposure it was too bright and lost some detail areas) Also it is still missing the top panel and the back door (ran out of time of course) which is why there is light shining back on the wall..

Overall very happy.. did make a little mistake trying to setup the roatating bezel in a hurry before the party and drilled a hole in the wrong spot but should be repairable. Rotating monitor works really well and everyone was impressed how it worked. Some smart arses (dlude? :P ) commented that I should now do a full sized sega rally machine!!! I think not!! :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:51 am 
Founding Board Member | Retailer

Big Giant Head wrote:
Top job and now it's up and running the little things won't be a hassle.

now it's up and running, the little things will take a long time to finish.

I have not completed my first cab from 6 years ago.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:50 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

So inspiring... Is that a commodore symbol in the bottom right. And seeing the kids on it is great... Might turn my missus from a "if you must" to a "actually thats great for the kids" ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:19 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Woolfe wrote:
So inspiring... Is that a commodore symbol in the bottom right. And seeing the kids on it is great... Might turn my missus from a "if you must" to a "actually thats great for the kids" ;)

Kids love it... my concern is how much they like it and that obviously most of the games are "killing" games... so I try to kid it down and obviously no double dragon or full on fighting games.. galaga, raiden, 1942, pac girl, bubblw bobble, etc is about it for the moment.

Yes that is a C64 sticker... I bought a whole heap of stickers from http://arcadestickers.co.uk/

I have character art to go on the sides and game manufacturers around the bezel.. so capcom, atari, C64, nintento, etc... as I hope to get those emulaters also going soon, and not just MAME as such.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:05 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Nice... Yeah the "Killing" games are a bit of an issue.. Yeah those games you mentioned are basically what I figured I would allow the kids to play....

Nice easy, sure there is "killing" but it is reasonably abstract, so hopefully I won't scar them for life .... Like I so obviously was ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:49 pm 
Founding Board Member | Retailer

Kingy wrote:
Yes that is a C64 sticker... I bought a whole heap of stickers from http://arcadestickers.co.uk/

i made some commodore stickers with my vinyl cutter. should get some photos up.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

I need to find or get a hold of again all the N64 and C64 roms and emulators that I had.. no idea where they are on my various hard drives but I am pretty sure I had them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:19 am 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Yeah I had a swag of old C64 stuff... But it was in a box of old crappy cd's that I didn't use too often, and it got stolen when someone got into my garage....

I was mildly amused that they pinched that box.. they must have thought it was music or something, what it actually contained was old apc mag cds and similar rubbish that I really should have chucked out but was for some reason following me around move to move.

The only thing of real value they got was my old pool cue. that was a bit devestating :(

They missed my $200 sunnies in my unlocked car, as well as my mum's purse which she left on the back seat of my car which had about $500 cash in it at the time.

They did pinch my sandals as well, but they obviously thought better of it when they got to the end of the apartment block, as they left them abandoned aroudn the corner. The sandals were about 4 years old.. and very very well worn :)

Taught me a lesson about making sure the DAMN garage was locked tho :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:43 am 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a new IPAC. After mucking around the only way I could get it to work was to program in the interactive notepad mode, but one thing you cant change is the SHIFT button.. guess what I needed to do... also the IPAC I had was the older 28 inputs.. so I had inadvertantly put too many buttons on the control panel.. In fairness I was going to duplicate the main command buttons on each side, but when I did the final layout, the buttons are basically so close and accessible by both players, it seemed stupid to have common buttons.. also it seems the issue was that I did not have the right convertor or adaptor or some such as when I upgraded the PC I lost the PS/2 keyboard port and the USB thingy I have is apparently the wrong one accordign to Andy at Ultimarc...

So at least this way I should get a version that will be able to be programmed in windows and therefore change to the dedicated SHIFT button I want to use, but I also get extra inputs for the extra buttons I have. Not overly happy ot fork out another $60 but I have spent so much time and $ now I just want it being the best it can.

I also ordered some more stickers for the sides and when they arrive I will put the stickers on the sides and around the marquee.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:20 pm 
AWRTGUMA Devotee

I am still ALIVE!!!!

And my cabinet is still not finished... if anyone was wondering...

So the last 12 months as seen my cabinet sitting in the corner.. with mainly the kids playing.. We are rearranging the house and the cabinet will move so I am now inspired to finish it off properly. One day my precious... one day....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next